“Why do my premiums keep going up?”
This is a common and logical question that many of us ask when insurance markets harden. Simply put, hardened markets are prolonged periods of time when the amount of annual aggregate industry premium being collected does not wholly offset the amount of annual aggregate industry claims being paid out.
Meteoric population increases combined with massive recent weather/claims events have created the aforementioned “hardened” market condition for Texans. It is times like these that clients of Rollo Insurance truly enjoy the complete peace of mind that comes with knowing that they’re benefiting from the objectivity that only comes from an independent insurance agency. Those benefits include choice of insurance companies, customization of insurance policies to meet specific needs, and advocacy through support and assistance with claims.
Did you know:
- In the last five years, Texas has experienced losses from all five major catastrophes: hurricanes, wind and hail, floods, wildfires and earthquakes.
- The average property loss per homeowners policy in Texas is greater than the average premium in other states.
- According to the Texas Department of Insurance, thirty-five states have experienced average premium increases higher than Texas.
- According to the Texas Department of Insurance, the property insurance industry has been less profitable in Texas than it has been countrywide.
- Over the past sixty years, Texas has had the highest number of Federal Disaster Declarations.
Your loyal partners at Rollo Insurance strive to provide you with personal service, excellent coverages, and competitive prices. If you have questions or would like to visit about any aspect of your policies, contact us today.